Welcome! I'm an Indianapolis based wedding photographer that is passionate about creating meaningful and memorable photographs for you! Take a peak around my blog at some of the latest in engagements and weddings.
Planning a wedding comes with many tasks and items to be remembered. If you have been dreaming of those editoral detail photos but don’t know where to start, here is a wedding day detail checklist just for you!
TIP: Put all of your details in a box or bag BEFORE your wedding day so you don’t have to worry about a thing the morning of! When your photographer arrives they can start right away on documenting your special details. Remember the more time you give your photographer for details, the more variety you will receive in your final gallery!
1. The Dress – preferably on a nice, wooden, or special hanger
You can find beautiful, vintage hangers-on eBay, at antique shops, or even a classy wood hanger on Amazon! You have invested in your dream dress, why not show it off in all it’s glory?
2. Include two copies of your invitation suite! That way your photographer can capture the front and back – envelope too!
3. All 3 rings – bride’s wedding band, groom’s wedding band, and bride’s engagement ring
This is the detail that is often missed when I arrive on wedding days. Sometimes the rings are left with the groom or handed off to the best man. If you would like to have all 3 of your rings photographed together, keep them all in a box and I will be sure to get them to the person in charge after they are photographed!
4. Ring Box ( I have an assortment if you forget one! )
If you are a Catholic bride looking for ways to incorporate your faith in your wedding day details, consider a personalized Holy Card as a favor or addition to your wedding program. I highly recommend Shower of Roses Shoppe.
7. Bride and bridesmaid bouquets and groom’s boutonniere ** Ask your florist to deliver your flowers to your getting-ready space.
8. Your Veil
9. A Rosary
10. Any extra, loose flowers from your florist so your photographer can add them to detail shots
11. Any special items personal to you or family heirlooms.
12. For the Groom: Cufflinks, boutonniere, belt, tie, special liquor.
13. Letters or gifts to your future spouse.
14. Ribbons or items you would like incorporated into your detail photos.